Dog Vomit Slime Mold Invades Park

Mulch in Ethel B. Hardy Park’s newly playground overgrown by dog vomit slime mold practically overnight. The mold looks like yellowish, bile and blue scrambled eggs.

Fuligo septica mold lives in cool shady places on decaying wood, leaves and organic matter that retain moisture. As foul as it smells and looks, dog vomit slime mold is deemed harmless, though it may cause an allergic reaction.

Property owners can shovel and bag it up and dispose of it in the trash but it is not recommended to treat it with chemicals. The chemicals tend to be more harmful than the mold.

See More

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in Mold. Bookmark the permalink.