Dorm Mold Runs Up Charges

Third-year aerospace engineering student Mandi Shingledecker was diagnosed with asthma caused by exposure to the mold and mildew in her dorm. Showers on the 11th floor leaked on to the 10th floor, causing mold and mildew and collapsing ceilings (3x).

Her doctor’s letter says “All molds can release neurotoxins and exposure should be limited for everyone. Mandi also has documented allergies to mold. Her exposure would be expected to worsen her health” but Shingledecker’s request for reimbursement was disallowed because she stayed in the dorm after the reimbursement date had passed. The students affected by the mold were given $300.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in news. Bookmark the permalink.