FAQ: Teacher Exposed to Mold in The Classroom

From the archive of ByebyeMold

Question I was exposed to several molds beginning ~1998 at the school in which I taught. Could I possibly still have “mycotoxins” in my system? Can I be tested for this somewhere and somehow? I can send samples/go somewhere.

First, we should make it clear that we are not medical experts.

That said, I would not expect a mycotoxin to stay in your system for fourteen years. However, if your exposure somehow gave you some kind of parasitic type of infestation, then it is possible that you might have an “infection.”

You might need to do some detective work to find a doctor who tests for this. If you know of a lawyer who has pursued mold lawsuits against the local school, they may have a list of local doctors they can recommend. The likely doctors might be an allergist who treats patients with mold allergies or an infectious disease physician who treats mold infections. If an infection is in the lungs, a pulmonary physician might be recommended. Patients who have been exposed to molds in their workplace may be referred to an occupational physician.

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in ByeBye Mold.com, George Hatcher, School mold, Testing. Bookmark the permalink.