The Professional Association for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters wants you to be in control of your mold. Currently mold litigation can end up deadlocked because science has not made connections between cause and effect, where mold and symptoms are concerned. But sometimes mold can be caught in its tracks before it causes any damage, whether it is coughing, wheezing, sneezing, irritated eyes and throat, and runny nose of allergic reaction, more serious events like or neurocognitive deficits from exposure or other more serious health conditions whose link to mold may exist but is not yet be proven.
Whether or not mold is covered in your homeowners insurance, hopefully you can forestall problems with basic maintenance:
- Conduct a routine inspection for water leaks on your property, paying special attention to dishwashers, refrigerators, water heaters, and areas around windows.
- Repair water leaks in your home or business as soon as they develop.
- Replace aging washing machine and icemaker hoses.
- Keep humidity levels low in your home or business by using air conditioning and a dehumidifier.
- Check the condensation pans in air conditioning and heating units to make sure that they are clean and draining prope
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.