Mold Allergy and Toxicity

You should know that the mold you see on a surface is literally the tip of the iceberg. The roots of the mold lie deep in its ground, whether it is sheetrock, wood or other permeable organic. The only time bleach really ends the mold problem is when the growth is only superficial, as on, for example, non-porous tile.

Spores are the component to which most people are (or become) allergic, regardless of type. The toxicity depends on the type of mold. Some types of mold are simply not toxic, even when individuals are allergic to their spores. However the dangerous kind are dangerous because they secrete their own toxins, called mycotoxins.

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in ByeBye, contamination, Mold and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.