Mold, Creeping Up the Stairway

Toxic mold feeds on cellulose in plaster wallboard and anywhere else it can find it.

One of the better known molds is Stachybotrys, which excretes mycotoxins that endanger everyone. It is worse than many other molds because many molds do not create their own poisons. Non-poisonous molds only bother people who have developed an allergy. However, one of the things that gives people allergies is extreme exposure. So what may feel like “immunity” to non-toxic mold can actually become a sort of incubation period, during which a person can develop allergies. Your standard molds present a danger to anyone especially vulnerable, such as children, the elderly, individuals with otherwise compromised immune systems, those who are already ill, etc. And of course, molds like Stachybotrys which creates an actual poison called a mycotoxin, are dangerous to everyone, allergic or not.

We suppose that the people of Cotuit must be true rebels. They are electing to keep their mold-contaminated Freedom Hall for December festivities in spite of reports of mold in the basement that was creeping up the stairway to the main floor.

I guess freedom also means you are free to get sick and expose your townsfolk and constituency to substances the government has declared are toxic.

Merry Christmas Cotuit. See you in the New Year. In the hospital.

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in ByeBye, contamination, public buildings. Bookmark the permalink.