Mold is a Risky Business

The risks associated with having mold in a home vary according to the time of year and the individual involved. Of course the prudent course is to eliminate molds from the living environment.

Mold spores exist both inside and outside. There are those who have little reaction from mold exposure, and there are those who have asthma, stuffy or runny noses, eye irritation, fever, wheezing, lung inflammation, and skin rash. In fact, allergic reactions range from mild to life-threatening. Those with pre-existing conditions like allergy, lung issues or immune-system dysfunction tend to have more dramatic negative physical responses to mold.

While the cause and effect seem clear, there is litigation going on in the court system to determine whether or not there is adequate proof that exposure to indoor mold can cause respiratory allergies.

A new study of children’s susceptibility to interior wetness and mold by the American Journal of Epidemiology suggests that children living in damp, water- damaged houses may develop nasal allergies and moist, moldy settings in the house are related an increased danger of children’s nasal allergies.

Generally it makes sense to eliminate the mold as it does affect the home environment. Plus such conditions (i.e. humidity) are also amenable to fungi and dust mites.

Download the pdf report to the California legislature on implementation of the toxic mold protection act of 2001.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in ByeBye, health, legal. Bookmark the permalink.