Written reports analyzing the Phelps County Courthouse and jail for mold, documenting examinations of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning facilities in the courthouse and jail, and advising recommendations of any changes that may be necessary have been commissioned by Phelps County after mold was discovered in county offices.
Fees of the agencies performing the work are estimated to be $5,325.
On Jan. 11 the experts who were hired will be attending the Bertrand village board’s meeting.
Prior to hiring the experts, Emergency Manager Pat Gerdes and Kim Ryan, a public health nurse with Two Rivers Health Department and Terry Krohn, director of Two Rivers Health, spoke to the board regarding the dangers of mold, and suggested cleaning the air conditioning ductwork.
In June 2010 after local flooding, a flood clean up instruction pamphlet including mold instructions was released by the Two Rivers Health Department.
- Clean up as soon as possible and prevent mold growth.
- Clean and dry out the building quickly (within 24 to 48 hours).
- Open doors and windows.
- Use fans to dry out the building.
- To prevent mold growth, clean wet items and surfaces with detergent and water.
- To remove mold growth, wear rubber gloves, open windows and doors, and clean with a bleach solution of1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Throw away porous items (for example, carpet andupholstered furniture) that cannot be dried quickly.
- Fix any leaks in roofs, walls, or plumbing.
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.