Removing Mold

A thorough cleaning with 1 cup of bleach solution in 1 gallon of water is what you can do to remove molds from most hard surfaces, but if absorbent and porous materials like carpet, drywall, and ceiling materials became moldy, they should be carefully thrown away. We say carefully because when removing, you do not want to spread the spores everywhere.

If you have an extensive amount of mold, you may want to contact a professional with experience in cleaning mold in buildings and homes.

If there is still a water source, then mold growth may continue so keep the area clean and dry.

Also note that most people’s response to mold is to the material the spores is made of. This means that even when the mold is dead, it can cause an allergic response, so care should be taken in handling and disposal.

Note also that many mold websites which discourage the use of bleach are interested in your buying their products. Not much is more effective in killing mold than bleach; but don’t forget how strong bleach is and never mix it with chemicals or cleansers.

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in ByeBye, contamination. Bookmark the permalink.