If you encounter mold and are wondering who might be held responsible in court, there are a few possible parties which may be culpable.
- Property Inspector. Could be held responsible if there was a recent sale, or a recent inspection that failed to report the infestation.
- Realtor. Could be held responsible if it can be proven they knew about but did not disclose existing mold in a recently sold property.
- Hardware provider. Could be held responsible if it can be proven they knowingly sold defective construction materials such as imported faulty drywall.
- Engineer. Could be held responsible if the mold is caused by faulty engineering.
- Insurance. Could be held responsible if the insurer is trying to slip out of responsibility if it violates the “covenant of good faith and fair dealing.”
If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.