Toxic Mold Closing Union Gap City Hall

Toxic mold uncovered at Union Gap City Hall is leading to the city hall being shut down.

Last week during repairs, chunks of drywall covered in black mold fell from the ceiling. The mayor’s assistant may have a skin condition due to mold exposure. A number of workers in City Hall believe the mold exposure is making them sick.

The District 11 Fire Hall will serve as the temporary municipal court, however it will not be open until next Monday. All crucial courts paraphernalia has been moved from city hall to the temporary location on Washington Avenue but it will take more time to get organized.

It may weeks or months till it is safe to return to city hall. They may even consider tearing down the building, if it is more cost effective than abatement.

If you’re in California, you might want to give us a call and see about getting an assessment from Byebyemold.

To include the featured image in your Twitter Card, please tap or click their icon a second time.
This entry was posted in Mold, public buildings. Bookmark the permalink.